Monday, January 29, 2007

UniverseDonna

Contrary to what my friend keeps telling me, I am too the center of the Universe, and if I’m having a problem with something, surely I’m not alone, and at least one other person is saying, yeah, I’m with ya’, baby, and one’s enough for me. Okay…I wrote 250 words or more a day for, u’mmmm, 15 days. Then life happened. Again. It always does. I did do a book review and edited some essays, but that’s not real writing like…like….like THIS is real writing. I also went to some doctors’ appointments with a friend, and there must have been something else I did? Not vacuum, sorry to say. And the dirty clothes are spilling out the bathroom closet door and also taking over the butler’s pantry. I think the Rent-Earner is running out of socks. I KNOW I didn’t play free cell, not even when my daughter called and talked for three hours and she had wine and I didn’t, because I gave up free cell last year, and even though I thought about it an hour and a half into the call, I wouldn’t let myself go there. Addiction, after all, is addiction. I haven’t given up e-mail, but I’m a woman and women need to talk five times as much as men, at least that’s what some research article said, and I mostly have a social group of two (me and him), three dogs and two cats, and, okay, I need it, the article said talk-talk goes straight to the pleasure center of a woman’s brain, which goes to prove men and women really are different, and the sex thing is really a lost cause as far as communication goes. He is going to fall asleep while you are not even close to finishing up with that pleasure center in your..what?...BRAIN. Silly Nature. Did I get lost here? Maybe, but I was enjoying the chat. So, back. No 250 words last week. And also so, I can shoot myself or jump back in the saddle. So so so this Monday, here are my words. Yes, this does too count, because I say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keetha said...

I am the center of my universe, too, only lately, said universe hasn't been cooperative. I want to go back the way life was before the holidays, like during NaBloPoMo, when I actually was able to write every day.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home