Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This is What I Do Rather Than Write

I review my collection of quotes! Because my procrastination knows no bounds.


Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. ~ H. Jackson Brown

An old racetrack joke reminds you that your program contains all the winners' names. I stare at my typewriter keys with the same thought. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what's burning inside you. And we edit to let the fire show through the smoke. ~Arthur Polotnik

There's only one person who needs a glass of water oftener than a small child tucked in for the night, and that's a writer sitting down to write. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

I do not like to write - I like to have written. ~Gloria Steinem

Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it. ~Hannah Arendt

I think we need to be put back in touch with our childhood...to be reminded of what's important, like memories about people we loved, or things that happened to us that affected our lives, things we can laugh about and shed a few tears about... I think storytelling is a way of saying 'I love you. I love you enough to tell you something that means a great deal to me.' ~ Kathryn Tucker Windham

The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar and familiar things new. ~Samuel Johnson

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet. ~ Author Unknown

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you want to know your past--look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future-- look into your present actions. ~ Buddhist Saying

You can’t build a reputation on what you’re GOING to do. ~ Henry Ford

It’s never too late to become the person you might have been. ~ George Eliot

I write so I’ll know what I’m thinking about. ~ Flannery O’Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home